- 1 Final Fantasy 9 Information
- 2 Disk IMG Format
- 2.1 Image Root Directory
- 2.2 Image Sub Directory
- 2.3 Directories and data
- 2.4 File Cluster Information
- 2.4.1 Chunk 0x02: 3D Model data
- 2.4.2 Chunk 0x03: 3D Animation
- 2.4.3 Chunk 0x04: Image data(TIM`s)
- 2.4.4 Chunk 0x05: Scripts
- 2.4.5 Chunk 0x0A: Field tiles
- 2.4.6 Chunk 0x0B: Field walkmesh
- 2.4.7 Chunk 0x0C: Battle scenes
- 2.4.8 Chunk 0x12: Contain CLUT and TPage for models
- 2.4.9 Chunk 0x1B: Pointers to other 'DB'
- 3 WorldMap
- 4 Character Tables
- 5 Sound
- 6 Tools and Patches
Final Fantasy 9 Information
Since there isn't a PC version of this game all information relates to the PS1.
Disk IMG Format
The game information is contained in a single file on the CD-ROM named FF9.IMG with each disk containing a file named this. FMV movies are stored in sub directories on the disk.
The IMG file begins with a root directory that has a list of file counts and sectors.
Some directory entries contain subdirectories.
What contains directories and for what contain files
Some of the files are actually data clusters that contain multiple information these files begin with the hexadecimal number 0xDB.
This chunk contains 3D model information: vertices, quads, triangles, texture mapping coordinates...
This chunk contains animation sequences for 3d models...
This chunk contains tim-images...
This chunk contains scripts files...
This chunk contains information about field tiles and field camera parameters...
This chunk contain field walkmesh data...
This chunk contain battle scenes geometry...
This chunk contains CLUT and TPage info for models.
This chunk contains pointers to other DB structures.