Last updated: Koral 06:48, 7 Apr 2009 (EDT)
- 1 GMO Model-data container
- 2 Format Specifications
- 2.1 File Header
- 2.2 Chunks
- 2.2.1 0x0002 - File Start
- 2.2.2 0x0003 - Sub-File
- 2.2.3 0x0004 - Bone Info
- 2.2.4 0x0005 - Model Surface
- 2.2.5 0x0006 - Mesh
- 2.2.6 0x0007 - Vertex Array
- 2.2.7 0x0008 - Material
- 2.2.8 0x0009 - Texture Reference
- 2.2.9 0x000A - Texture
- 2.2.10 0x000B - Shared Vertex Data
- 2.2.11 0x000F - Texture Animation
- 2.2.12 0x8061 - Mesh Material Info
- 2.2.13 0x8015 - UV Scale and Bias
- 2.2.14 0x8066 - Mesh Index Data
- 2.2.15 0x8081 - Material Texture Blend
- 2.2.16 0x8082 - Material RGBA
- 2.2.17 0x8083 - Material Specularity
- 3 References
GMO Model-data container
Information: MrAdults, Ukurere
[GMO] Files consist of various Chunks defining the type of data they contain, with no initial hard-coded offsets in the begining of the file. Each chunk must be parsed seperatly to determine its Type and Size, either to skip it entirey or attempt to extract the information contained within.
As such, parsing these [GMO] files is a similar mechanism to parsing generic 3DS files.
There is an initial 16-Byte header describing the file as a [GMO]:
0x00 MAGIC = 0x4f 0x4d 0x47 0x2e 0x30 0x30 0x2e 0x31 0x50 0x53 0x50 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 "OMG 00 1PSP"
After this comes the first specialised Chunk.
Each Chunk contains an initial local header describing the Type and Size of the contents to come.
0x00 SHORT Chunk-Type 0x02 SHORT Size of Chunk-Header 0x04 LONG Size of Chunk-Data
A number of Chunk-Types have been discovered, described in detail in the sections to follow.
0x0002 - File Start
This Chunk can be described as the root Chunk containing all Sub-Chunks within.
0x0003 - Sub-File
These Chunks mark the exact nature of the Chunks which follow, and can be determined by reading the last SHORT of the chunk.
They usually mark Model or Skeletal data, although there may be more types which are currently undocumented.
- 0x6f6d Models
- 0x305f Skeletal Animations